Tired? Burnt Out? Could it be Adrenal Fatigue?
It seems everyone who comes to see me is tired and wants more energy. Fatigue can be caused by many serious health issues or but a key cause of fatigue is adrenal fatigue. Knowing what adrenal fatigue symptoms are can help determine whether you have adrenal fatigue.
We are so busy; juggling life’s commitments, rushing from here to there, taking care of everyone else, so tired, busy, stressed feels like the ‘norm’. But lowered energy is not a natural state.
If you are reading about adrenal fatigue then you are most likely feeling tired or may be suffering with adrenal fatigue and not even know it. Catching adrenal fatigue early can prevent progression to burn out whilst restoring your energy and vitaility.
There are a number of signs and symptoms associated with adrenal fatigue so a better way to describe this condition is “Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome”.
You can look and act relatively normal with no obvious signs of physical illness, but have adrenal fatigue; always feel unwell, tiredness or flat. That’s when people start relying on stimulants such as coffee, colas and energy drinks to get going in the morning and keep going throughout the day.
The primary symptom of adrenal fatigue is unrelenting fatigue (quite different for usual tiredness) that is unresolved by sleep, due to under-functioning of the adrenal glands.
Characteristic Adrenal Fatigue Symptoms:
- Being tired all the time no matter how much you sleep
- Ongoing exhaustion, poor stamina, exercise and stress intolerance,
- Non-refreshing sleep and sleep disturbance
- Depression, flat or low mood, anxiety, mood swings, irritability
- Sugar, carbohydrate or salt cravings (Afternoon low about 3-5 pm)
- Reliance on stimulants (i.e. coffee, artificial ‘energy’ drinks)
- Brain fog, difficulty concentrating, poor memory, overwhelmed
- Low thyroid function, hormonal imbalances, low sex drive
- Feeling rundown, recurrent or chronic infections or inflammation
- Low blood pressure, light headed/dizzy when standing up
- Glucose intolerance, hypoglycaemia, weight gain around the abdomen
- Cant lose weight no matter what is tried
- Low body temperature, hot flushes, dark circles under the eyes
- Feel more awake, alert and energetic after 6 pm, get a second wind
- Increased PMS or menopausal symptoms
- Joint aches and pains, muscle stiffness or weakness, poor circulation
- Digestive issues: indigestion, reflux, bloating, irritable bowel, constipation
If you are experiencing a number of these adrenal fatigue symptoms then you may have Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome. But know this – no matter what stage of Adrenal Fatigue or how low your energy levels are – there is a solution!
Sign up below for my free report on how to start boosting your energy levels and start your recovery, now.