Schools can be a hotbed for colds, flu and other viruses - and keeping your child's immune system strong can help reduce their risk of catching every single bug that comes along.
Here's some simple, drug-free solutions for boosting your immune system:
- take a fish oil supplement
- get an allergy test to see if particular foods flare your immune system up (reducing dairy tends to help)
- get plenty of vitamin C and A
- eat immune boosters like horseradish and garlic
- wash your hands regularly
- take a good quality probiotic
If your child seems to get every single sniffle on the market, it's worth coming to make sure everything is above board - an underactive immune system may be a symptom of deeper issues with your gut or overall health, so if your regular illnesses are stopping you from living a "normal" life, pop in and have a chat.